Document Sequencer / Paginator
High speed, stand alone, programmable, fully automatic, Bates* Numbering System / Page Counter.
Deigned for Letter Size (8.5″ x 11″) documents.
For A4 size (210 x 297 mm) documents see our DS-6600 model.
The DS-6500 machine is specially designed to automate such jobs as Sequential Page Numbering (also called Bates* Numbering or Paginating), Document Labeling, Time and Date Stamping. It can also be used as a high speed Document / Page Counter.
If you still do your Bates* numbering using a hand-held Bates* stamp machine, pre-printed labels or outside services, then check the capabilities of our DS-6500 automatic Bates* Numbering System, and see for yourself how it can improve your Bates* numbering process.
Top 5 reasons to use the DS-6500
- Reduces processing cost of litigation documents.
- Increases productivity and reduces potential scheduling crisis’s.
- Eliminates security and confidentiality issues.
- Allows printing any alpha-numeric information (page number, case name, time/date etc.).
- Very easy to use.
- Uses inkjet technology to print on the top or on the bottom of a page.
- The DS-6500 is designed to print on the letter size (8.5 x 11 inch) documents.
- Integrated auto-feeder (200 documents capacity).
- Throughput (up to 6,300 doc/hr).
- Keyboard programmable.
- Sixty programmable and selectable on demand print formats.
- Four Operating Modes: (Printing, Counting, Splitting, Clock).
- Three Font Styles: (Standard, Bold, Extra Bold).
- Five Variables types: (Date/Time, Numeric Prompt, Alpha/Numeric Prompt, Counter, Group Counter).
- Ink Cartridge capacity: 5,000,000 characters in Std. font (approx.).
- Ink Level monitoring capability and “Ink Low” notification.
- RS-232 communication port for Firmware Upgrades, Configuration Backups and potential PC based applications.
14.5″ x 16.5″ x 10.0″ (W x D x H)
Following two examples demonstrate the printing capabilities of the DS-6600 system.
- Example #1 – Printing in the top-right corner of the page.
- Example #2 – Printing in the bottom-right corner of the page.
The position of the printed information on a document is determined by three programmable parameters:
- Location ( Top or Bottom of a page ).
- Alignment ( Left, Center or Right side of a page ).
- Margin ( from 0 to 3.5″ – space from left or right edge of a document to the printed information).
HP C6602A – Black Ink Cartridge
Other available colors:
- HP C6602B – Blue
- HP C6602R – Red
Shear Tech DS-6500 Warranty Information
Six (6) Month Limited Warranty
The Shear Tech DS-6500 Document Sequencer comes with a warranty against manufacturer defect or failure for a period of six (6) month from the date of original invoice. This warranty covers parts and labor. Damages incurred in
shipping the products from Shear Tech to customer are also included in this warranty.
Customer agrees to pay shipping expenses to the manufacturer’s designated facility, and Shear Tech pays shipping back to the customer. All repaired products are shipped UPS Ground unless a rush is requested. The cost of shipping other than UPS Ground is to be paid by the customer.
We suggest you contact our technical support team or your local Shear Tech authorized dealer first to determine whether the item is indeed defective before shipping.
Shear Tech does not warrant damage due to external causes including, but not limited to, accident, improper or careless handling, unauthorized modifications, problems with electrical power, adverse environmental conditions, usage not in
accordance with intended purpose of product, and failures caused by use of parts and components not supplied by Shear Tech or an official authorized Shear Tech dealer. Altering or removal of the serial number voids this warranty.
Limitation of Liability
Shear Tech does not accept liability beyond the remedies set forth herein, including but not limited to any liability for product malfunction, physical injury or property damage, products not being available for use or for lost or corrupted
data. Shear Tech is not liable for lost profits, lost business, or other consequential punitive damages. Under no circumstances is Shear Tech liable for any third-party claims against its customers.
* Bates is a registered trade mark of General Binding Corporation.